Harm Reduction Trainings
National Harm Reduction Coalition facilitates trainings around the country. We open our virtual doors to individuals and teams seeking training on important evidence-based harm reduction strategies.
Join a Training
Our public training sessions are open to all who wish to attend. Whether you’re part of a community-based or harm reduction organization, or you’re an individual who loves people who use drugs and want to learn how to support them, we invite you to join us.
During COVID-19, we are supplementing our in-person trainings with virtual workshops and webinars.
- 17Hepatitis C Prevention for LGB and TGNC Individuals and Communities – Webinar3:00 pm - 5:00 pmThis 2 -hour webinar will review the basic information about hepatitis C that health and human service providers should discuss with program participants who identify as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual (LGB) or Transgender/Gender Non-Conforming (TGNC). This webinar will explore the practices that may place LGB and TGNC people at , ...
- 23Harm Reduction Approach Overview3:00 pm - 5:00 pmThis one-day training will provide health and human service providers with a comprehensive overview of Harm Reduction. Harm reduction is a practical set of strategies designed to prevent disease and promote health by “meeting people where they are” rather than making judgments about where they should be in terms of , ...
- 24Hepatitis C Telehealth Services in Harm Reduction Programs4:00 pm - 6:00 pmThis 2 -hour webinar will feature panelists from across New York State discussing how Hepatitis C Telehealth Services can be integrated into Harm Reduction Programs’ services.
Objectives:By the end of this webinar, participants will be able to:
- Describe the way telehealth services for HCV work and
- 30Stimulants 1013:00 pm - 5:00 pmThis webinar will review basic information about stimulant use with a focus on why people use stimulants, how they impact a person, and harm reduction and drug treatment options. The training will provide an overview of commonly used stimulants and explain what they look like, how much they cost, how they affect the br , ...
Real People. Real Knowledge. Real Experience.
The training team is overflowing with knowledge and lived experience and a commitment to share and help you grow. Most team members contribute to training services — facilitating, preparing training materials, researching, and offering organizational support.
Raise Your Knowledge Any Time — Anywhere
Making harm reduction strategies widely accessible is among our top priorities. Our online learning center offers a series of courses that cover the fundamentals of harm reduction. These self-paced modules are available anytime, anywhere.
If you’re ready for Harm Reduction 101, check out the learning center.
Looking for More Training Options?
Want a harm reduction expert to train your team? We deliver virtual trainings to companies and organizations. Learn about our training & capacity building services.
Harm Reduction Implementation Guides
Sometimes you just need a blueprint to follow. We’ve condensed twenty-five years of learnings from leading and supporting harm reduction programs into these powerful guides.
If you’re launching a syringe service or naloxone distribution project, check out these manuals for step-by-step implementation training.