Harm Reduction Trainings
National Harm Reduction Coalition facilitates trainings around the country. We open our virtual doors to individuals and teams seeking training on important evidence-based harm reduction strategies.
Join a Training
Our public training sessions are open to all who wish to attend. Whether you’re part of a community-based or harm reduction organization, or you’re an individual who loves people who use drugs and want to learn how to support them, we invite you to join us.
During COVID-19, we are supplementing our in-person trainings with virtual workshops and webinars.
- 5Safer Injecting Part 13:00 pm - 5:00 pmThis two-part webinar (Part 1) will build participant knowledge and skills to work with clients around safer injection practices and complications associated with injecting. This course will provide an overview of the basic anatomy of veins and arteries; the supplies and equipment used to inject drugs; common injection , ...
- 10Safer Injecting Part 23:00 pm - 5:00 pmThis two-part webinar (Part 2) will build participant knowledge and skills to work with clients around safer injection practices and complications associated with injecting. This course will provide an overview of the basic anatomy of veins and arteries; the supplies and equipment used to inject drugs; common inject , ...
- 12Hepatitis C Telehealth Services in Harm Reduction Programs4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
This 2 -hour webinar will feature panelists from across New York State discussing how Hepatitis C Telehealth Services can be integrated into Harm Reduction Programs’ services. Objectives: By the end of this webinar, participants will be able to:
- Describe the way telehealth services for
- 17Medications for Opioid Use Disorder (MOUD) and Pregnancy3:00 pm - 5:00 pmThis 2 -hour virtual training will cover the basics of opioid use during pregnancy and will include information on the impact of opioid on fetal development and lactation. This training will focus on using medications for opioid use disorder (MOUD) during pregnancy and utilizing a harm reduction approach to sub , ...
- 18Pregnancy and Substance Use: Reckoning with the Drug War: a Healing Circle4:00 pm - 5:30 pmThis is the fourth and final session in our Pregnancy and Substance Use (bit.ly/hrpregnancy) series. We are joined by parents and advocates who have experienced and witnessed the depth of harm created by the racist War on Drugs. This will be a space for attendees to share and heal with our panelists.
- 19Basics of Wound Care3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
This 2 -hour virtual training will cover the basics of wound care commonly needed while working at an SSP. At completion of this panel participants will have a greater understanding and awareness of specific health concerns experienced by people who use drugs, and improve ability to offer acute care, counseling and ref, ...
Real People. Real Knowledge. Real Experience.
The training team is overflowing with knowledge and lived experience and a commitment to share and help you grow. Most team members contribute to training services — facilitating, preparing training materials, researching, and offering organizational support.
Raise Your Knowledge Any Time — Anywhere
Making harm reduction strategies widely accessible is among our top priorities. Our online learning center offers a series of courses that cover the fundamentals of harm reduction. These self-paced modules are available anytime, anywhere.
If you’re ready for Harm Reduction 101, check out the learning center.
Looking for More Training Options?
Want a harm reduction expert to train your team? We deliver virtual trainings to companies and organizations. Learn about our training & capacity building services.
Harm Reduction Implementation Guides
Sometimes you just need a blueprint to follow. We’ve condensed twenty-five years of learnings from leading and supporting harm reduction programs into these powerful guides.
If you’re launching a syringe service or naloxone distribution project, check out these manuals for step-by-step implementation training.