Join the Harm Reduction Movement
Harm Reduction is a movement for social justice built on belief in and respect for the rights of people who use drugs. We grow stronger together. Meet the Harm Reduction community.
If you love people who use drugs and want them to have access to programs that support their health and dignity, join the movement. All are welcome here.
Never Miss a Harm Reduction Update
Information is power. We are committed to keeping the community informed about harm reduction programs, policy, events, and updates.
Stay in the know about harm reduction in your area and across the country.
Show Up for a Harm
Whether you’re currently involved in the movement or just learning about it, events bring people together for dialogue and action.
- 5Safer Injecting Part 13:00 pm - 5:00 pmThis two-part webinar (Part 1) will build participant knowledge and skills to work with clients around safer injection practices and complications associated with injecting. This course will provide an overview of the basic anatomy of veins and arteries; the supplies and equipment used to inject drugs; common injection , ...
- 10Safer Injecting Part 23:00 pm - 5:00 pmThis two-part webinar (Part 2) will build participant knowledge and skills to work with clients around safer injection practices and complications associated with injecting. This course will provide an overview of the basic anatomy of veins and arteries; the supplies and equipment used to inject drugs; common inject , ...
- 12Hepatitis C Telehealth Services in Harm Reduction Programs4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
This 2 -hour webinar will feature panelists from across New York State discussing how Hepatitis C Telehealth Services can be integrated into Harm Reduction Programs’ services. Objectives: By the end of this webinar, participants will be able to:
- Describe the way telehealth services for
- 17Medications for Opioid Use Disorder (MOUD) and Pregnancy3:00 pm - 5:00 pmThis 2 -hour virtual training will cover the basics of opioid use during pregnancy and will include information on the impact of opioid on fetal development and lactation. This training will focus on using medications for opioid use disorder (MOUD) during pregnancy and utilizing a harm reduction approach to sub , ...
- 18Pregnancy and Substance Use: Reckoning with the Drug War: a Healing Circle4:00 pm - 5:30 pmThis is the fourth and final session in our Pregnancy and Substance Use (bit.ly/hrpregnancy) series. We are joined by parents and advocates who have experienced and witnessed the depth of harm created by the racist War on Drugs. This will be a space for attendees to share and heal with our panelists.
- 19Basics of Wound Care3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
This 2 -hour virtual training will cover the basics of wound care commonly needed while working at an SSP. At completion of this panel participants will have a greater understanding and awareness of specific health concerns experienced by people who use drugs, and improve ability to offer acute care, counseling and ref, ...
Get Social with Us
Social media is a vehicle for awareness. Showing your support for #HarmReduction can help reach millions of people and educate communities about the need for harm reduction services.
Tell the world how Harm Reduction has impacted your life.
And of course, be sure to follow up on social media.