Director of Programs & Strategic Initiatives, CHC
Co-Director, ED Bridge
Physician Improvement Advisor, Cynosure Health
PA-C, Regional Director, CA Bridge
Emergency Department, SFGH
The Surgeon General’s guidance on naloxone distribution advocates an “all hands on deck” approach to reduce the overdose fatality rate. Emergency departments can learn how to build a simple, efficient, and effective model of dispensing naloxone from the ground up in this free, archived 1-hour webinar with multiple guest speakers in collaboration with National Harm Reduction Coalition.
By the end of this webinar, participants will understand:
- Why emergency departments should be dispensing naloxone to high-risk patients;
- How to distribute low-barrier naloxone in emergency department settings;
- How to create a standard operating procedure and policies supporting naloxone distribution in the ED;
- How to apply for a block grant for free naloxone dispensing;
- And how to enlist your entire workforce in the life-saving work of distributing low-barrier naloxone to high-risk patients.