California Syringe Exchange Programs (CASEP) Coalition is a mutual-aid and advocacy network of syringe services providers and participants who work collectively to build strong harm reduction programs and who organize to reduce the harms of the racialized war on drugs and drug use at the individual and community level. CASEP is in search of an artist to contribute creative art and design skills to a project with a budget not to exceed $5,000.
Artists local to California, LGBTQ+, people of color, and people with lived experience in drug use and sex work are strongly encouraged to submit proposals.
- Create a CASEP logo and style guide to include color palette, applicable patterns and styles and select typefaces. The brand should be inspired by mutual aid, resilience, and solidarity.
Develop social media resources:
- Develop an email banner
- Create three (3) social media graphic square backgrounds for use in sharing quotes, statistics and other reframing phrases with the community online
Create Editable Flier Template for Community Meetings:
- Create promotional flier for community meetings, where date/time/location can be edited (or added) easily on an ongoing basis
- One deliverable in letter size for print, and one in square dimensions for use on social media
- Submit your proposal using this form on Asana. Proposals will be accepted until 11:59 pm Pacific Standard Time on January 22, 2021.
- Please include at least one portfolio sample as either an attachment or a link to your online portfolio, Instagram, or other site with relevant examples of your work.
- Please include a brief proposal (500 words max.) of how you’ll approach the project and what you can bring to the project in terms of vision and experience.
Budget: Total budget is $5,000.
All digital property produced through this project will be owned by Harm Reduction Coalition. We will share your proposal internally among staff members, and any proprietary information shared in the proposal should be clearly identified.
About Harm Reduction
Harm Reduction Coalition is a national advocacy and capacity-building organization that promotes health and justice for people and communities affected by drug use. Harm Reduction Coalition creates spaces for dialogue and action that help heal the harms caused by racialized drug policies. Our efforts advance harm reduction policies, practices, and programs that address the adverse effects of drug use including overdose, HIV, hepatitis C, addiction, and incarceration. We work to uphold every person’s right to health and well-being, and their competence to participate in the public policy dialogue.