The Training & Capacity Building Institute is a national training and capacity-building assistance (CBA) initiative that promotes nonjudgmental, evidence-based approaches to enhancing individual, organizational and community effectiveness to support the health and dignity of individuals and communities affected by drug use.
Our work aims to promote:
- Drug User Health: Syringe access and other harm reduction services, prevention of HIV, hepatitis C and overdose, etc.
- Drug User Dignity: Anti-stigma, leadership development, and increasing cultural competency
- Community Impact: Program development & sustainability, organizational development, monitoring & evaluation, and community mobilization
The Training & Capacity Building Institute consists of:
The first national training center focused exclusively on harm reduction with locations in New York and California. We also conduct trainings nationwide on a contract basis. Browse our current training calendar. [more]
CBA for CBOs enhances program service delivery and sustainable organizational capacity of harm reduction, drug treatment, opiate overdose prevention, HIV/AIDS, and Hepatitis C service providers throughout the US. [more]
CBA for SAS Mobilization specifically focuses on increasing injection drug users’ access to and utilization of SAS and other HIV prevention and harm reduction interventions and strategies. [more]
Capacity building assistance (CBA) is designed to assist in implementing and sustaining science-based and culturally proficient HIV prevention behavioral interventions and HIV prevention strategies.
CBA services include:
- Tailored and culturally relevant free skills building and training
- Technical advice and support
- Executive mentoring
- Monitoring and evaluation assistance
- Strategic assessment and organizational planning through our Community Consultation Series
- Resource development including print materials, presentations, and webinars