We are excited to announce that we will be offering courtesy methadone dosing, to be available during the 12th National Harm Reduction Conference in New Orleans. To ensure a seamless process Harm Reduction Coalition is facilitating daily trips to the downtown methadone clinic: BHG Downtown Treatment Center (http://new-orleans-downtown.bhgrecovery.com/).
Please review steps, requirements, and information below carefully. There are several steps that need to take place before you can access dosing:
- Each person’s home clinic MUST fax or email a signed copy of a guest dosing request form including the signature of the Medical Director to:
- This must be faxed or emailed to New Orleans BHG Downtown Treatment Center. Fax 504-581-4702 or Email to CHELSEY.RAGAS@BHGRECOVERY.COM.
- Please ensure that forms are completed and arrangements made by October 10, 2018(at least a week ahead of the conference). It would be wise for you to call the clinic to confirm receipt of your paperwork ahead of time.
- Please discuss with your clinic that you will be traveling, and they will need to answer the phone to confirm your dose that first day.
- Harm Reduction Coalition provide free transportation from the conference hotel to the clinic and back to the conference hotel Thursday through Saturday leaving the New Orleans Marriott hotel (555 Canal Street) at 7:00am
- Meet in the meet in the hotel lobby. You may choose to go to the clinic at a different time but HRC will be unable to cover the cost.
- The cost of courtesy dosing is covered by Harm Reduction Coalition.
- You will need to present either a valid state ID or a treatment center IDto access courtesy dosing
- The clinic closes at 9:30AM on Saturday. The clinic is closed on Sunday. It is required for each patient to bring a hard case shell box with a combination lock or a key for a take home dose for Sunday.
- The clinic not write a last dose letter but will confirm with your home clinic that you were dosed on Sunday as a take-home when your home clinic calls on Monday or Tuesday.
If you have any additional questions or concerns you want to discuss methadone access during the conference, please reach out to the HRC medical director Kim Sue who is happy to troubleshoot with you via email@example.com or via phone 212-377-9116