The deadline for submitting abstracts is March 2, 2020 (11:59 pm Pacific).
The National Harm Reduction Conference honors a participatory planning process. At each conference, the program is abstract-driven to address the most important issues and most innovative solutions in harm reduction at the time. Proposals are submitted by conference attendees, who together represent the varied aspects of harm reduction work in the US and abroad. Harm Reduction Coalition is currently seeking abstracts for the 2020 national conference in San Juan, Puerto Rico.
We encourage submissions that represent all aspects of harm reduction work from grassroots organizing and programming to policy and research.
Abstracts should address…
- Political vision for harm reduction
- Exemplary harm reduction service models
- Intersection of race, class, gender, age, sexual identity
- Health and human rights of people who use drugs
- Latest research and evidence, and/or
- A variety of skills building that advance the harm reduction agenda
Available presentation formats include…
- Poster: Project storyboards on display for one day. Meet and greet times are scheduled to promote poster presentations. (NO audiovisual equipment available).
- Panel Presentation: Three to five people present as a group. Panelists share time evenly. Submit individually or as a group. (Some audiovisual equipment available).
- Roundtable Discussion: Informal, facilitator-led group discussion (maximum two facilitators). These are discussion based sessions that are facilitated conversations actively involving the audience. (NO audiovisual equipment available).
- Workshop: Interactive session designed to provide a skills-building experience for attendees with goals and objectives for learning, hands-on practice, and/or group activities. (Some audiovisual equipment available).
Guidelines for abstract submissions
Please read the following guidelines before completing your submission:
- Use the same email address for both Registration and Abstract Submission, however, do not register until you have been notified of your abstract submission.
- The online submission process does not offer an automatic save option. You must complete the entire submission process in one visit or all information will be lost.
- Create your abstract in a separate document and then copy and paste for the best result.
- You should receive a confirmation email if your abstract is processed successfully. Be sure to check your spam folder. If you do not receive a confirmation your abstract submission was not successful.
- You will be able to edit your abstract submission up until March 2, 2020 (11:59 pm Pacific).
- If selected, text from your submission will be published as is in our abstract booklet. Harm Reduction Coalition does not edit your submission.
- Please use standard capitalization. Avoid using all caps.
- Acceptance and rejection notifications will be issued no later than July.
- Submit multiple abstracts by editing your original submission. The maximum number of submissions per person is three.
Registration and payment for speakers and presenters
- The speaker rate is $350.
- If you are submitting an abstract, please wait to register (and pay) until you are informed about the status of your submission. You are not required to register before submitting an abstract.
- If your submission is accepted you will be given a discount code to use at the time of registration.
- The email you use to register must be the same email you use to submit an abstract.
For questions regarding abstracts, please contact email@example.com.