We are currently seeking an Office Coordinator for our New York City office location who possesses strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and proven capacity to handle multiple tasks at the same time to join our team as a member of our Human Resource Department. You will be responsible for managing the front office, providing communication support, supporting organizational infrastructure and technology, and handling publications and merchandise as well as supporting our human resources-operations team as part of this multifaceted role.
Founded in 1993, the National Harm Reduction Coalition (NHRC) is a leading advocacy and capacity-building organization dedicated to promoting the health and dignity of individuals and communities affected by drug use and structural violence. Our national organization is committed to advancing harm reduction policy and practice through our comprehensive programs. As a national organization we advance harm reduction policy and practice through six core programs:
- Harm reduction policy, community mobilization, and advocacy.
- Harm reduction resources including in-person and virtual training, self-paced online learning modules, publications, and maps to locate syringe service and naloxone programs.
- National and regional convenings.
- Fiscal sponsorship.
- Technical assistance on overdose prevention education, hepatitis C prevention and treatment, syringe access expansion, linkages to MOUD treatment, and the U.S. opioid crisis.
Our programs center racial equity as guided by our North Star: the National Harm Reduction Coalition creates spaces, dialogue, and action that help heal the harms of racialized drug policies.
Office Management, Communications, and Reception
- Manage front office activities such as greeting NHRC visitors with genuine warmth and attentiveness, guide them to their intended destination.
- Collaborate with building management and vendors to ensure the upkeep of staff, tenants, and visitors' access, while enforcing city and building safety regulations; oversee the management of building door entry, alarm systems, and office key systems.
- Assist with shipping and receiving logistics, including incoming mail and package deliveries.
- Efficiently manage and meticulously record incoming checks in designated databases; handle HR/operational related mail and documents with absolute confidentiality, discretion, and promptness.
- Respond to inquiries made in person, by phone, mail, or email regarding NHRC services.
- Oversee management of the post office box as well as manage incoming and outgoing mail.
- Conduct monthly inventory of office supplies and equipment, place orders as needed, and submit necessary reconciled and approved paperwork to Finance.
- Assist staff in coordinating the ordering, storage, and distribution of program supplies and equipment, and meticulously track these items while maintaining detailed records.
- Provide support for training, as well as NHRC meetings: Phone and technology setup, food and beverages (if applicable), preparing the space, ensuring sufficient training supplies, etc.
- Handle staff and visitors’ complaints and special requests, escalating to HR as required.
- Keeping the reception and general areas clean and organized.
Facilities and IT Support
- Responsible for agency facilities and equipment. Liaise with staff, landlords/management agents and vendors as needed.
- Ensure facilities and equipment (including telecom) are maintained and in good repair.
- Conduct basic troubleshooting of technology issues, such as the inability to copy or print, log into the network, browse the internet, or make outgoing calls.
- Collaborate with vendors to facilitate staff support in the replacement or repair of defective computer/laptop parts and other equipment.
- Assist Human Resources Operations Manager with the IT onboarding process for new staff, including the ordering of new equipment, ensuring staff are trained, set up with all necessary user accounts, and are able to utilize agency software and technology.
- Contribute to the development, monitoring, and implementation of the IT strategy with the Human Resources and Operations team and IT consultants.
- Supervise all maintenance and cleaning activities; perform basic maintenance duties when necessary.
Publications and Merchandise
- Ensure training materials and publications are inventoried, ordered, and available to staff and the general public at all times.
- Track and reconcile expenses and revenues for materials, publications, and merchandise with the Finance Department.
- Work with the Community Engagement and Events Coordinator to maintain merchandise tables for NHRC’s national conference and other events where NHRC maintains a presence.
Human Resource and Administrative Support
- Under absolute confidentiality, assist with the administrative aspects of all recruitment, termination, and employee status changes. Produce all required documentation and maintain personnel records to ensure compliance with funding sources and standard DOL regulations and procedures.
- Assist with the maintenance and storage of digital operations files, including vendor [sub]contracts, RFP award letters, and work plans.
- Support the management team in the development and implementation of policies and procedures.
- Offer administrative support for staff development activities, staff meetings, and other virtual or in-person NHRC meetings or events.
- Accurately record and file minutes from staff meetings as necessary.
- Assist with project management of Human Resources/Operations-related projects.
- Act as point of contact in the New York City office, being sure to relay any pertinent personnel issues as soon as possible.
- Provide general administrative support to NHRC staff, including shipping, scheduling, and material production.
- Additional duties assigned by the Human Resources Operations Manager.
Core Competencies and Perspective
- Ability to convey information effectively through verbal, written, and nonverbal means, and to actively listen and understand others.
- Ability to organize and manage resources, information, and tasks effectively.
- Capacity to analyze situations, identify challenges, and devise creative and logical solutions.
- Open to change, resilient in the face of challenges, and able to adjust to new circumstances.
- Capability to work well with others, contribute ideas, and support team members to achieve common objectives.
- Effectively manage time and prioritize tasks to maximize productivity and meet deadlines.
- Capacity to gather, interpret, and analyze data to make informed decisions.
Required Education Experience
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar role, such as administrative assistant, customer service, receptionist, human resources assistant, or front desk coordinator, preferably in a nonprofit organization.
- Proficiency in basic computer applications such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook); ability to learn other office software, database management, or scheduling tools such as Zoom, Asana, Otter.ai, Salesforce.
Frequent visits to post office and bank or other errands related to business operations including occasional local and out of state travel for meetings and conferences.
We Value | We Care
Join our team and enjoy flexible work hours, a 403B retirement plan, and comprehensive health benefits including medical, dental, and vision coverage. You'll get 20 days of prorated vacation, 13 bank holidays, and 12 prorated sick days. Achieve work/life balance with Summer Fridays, a summer break, and a winter break. Control healthcare expenses with our Flexible Healthcare Spending Account, Dependent Care Flexible Spending, Commuter Mass Transit Flexible Spending, and Commuter Parking Flexible Spending options. We prioritize your health, happiness, and success at NHRC.
New York – Manhattan | Onsite
$56,650.00 to $66,950.00