Do you want to end overdose? Do you want to work for a dynamic organization committed to promoting the health and dignity of individuals and communities who are affected by drug use?
The Human Resources Manager will perform generalist human resources (HR) activities, with a focus on overseeing onboarding and offboarding activities, payroll and benefits administration, and compliance.
The successful individual must be a hands-on HR generalist, comfortable rolling up their sleeves and “getting it done.” NHRC is a dynamic work environment, and the Manager must be flexible, adaptable, and motivated. The ideal candidate is an organized, systems-oriented individual with strong communication skills and impeccable attention to detail.
The Human Resources Manager reports to the Senior Director of Administration and will work closely with them on the employee benefits plan design and annual renewal activities, labor and employment relations, and other strategic HR activities.
The National Harm Reduction Coalition is an advocacy and capacity-building organization that promotes the health and dignity of individuals and communities who are affected by drug use and structural violence. As a national organization we advance harm reduction policy and practice through six core programs:
- harm reduction policy and advocacy
- harm reduction resources including in-person and virtual trainings, self-paced online learning modules, publications, and maps to locate syringe service and naloxone programs
- national and regional convenings
- fiscal sponsorship
- technical assistance on overdose prevention education, hepatitis C prevention and treatment, syringe access expansion, and the US opioid crisis
Our programs center racial equity as guided by our North Star: the National Harm Reduction Coalition creates spaces and dialogue that help heal the harms of racialized drug policies.
- Drafts and/or reviews employment letters and exit interviews
- Leads HR orientation sessions for new staff
- Coordinates with supervisors and different teams regarding employee and intern onboarding and exit activities
- Oversees regular onboarding and offboarding workflow and ensures completion of required activities
- Reviews and approves independent contractor request forms; communicates with programs and finance departments regarding contractor onboarding
- Administers employee benefits, including processing new enrollments, terminations, COBRA, disability and worker’s compensation claims, and family and medical leave requests
- Manages benefits communications, leads benefits information sessions, and resolves various ad-hoc questions and issues
- Oversees annual Open Enrollment activities
- Supports benefits planning and annual renewal activities – working closely with the Sr Director of Administration to manage costs, evaluate potential changes to employee benefit offerings or vendors
- Handles requests for ADA accommodations
- Completes and files annual reports and tests to fulfill plan requirements
- Develops and documents standardized, best practice HR policies and procedures
- Participates in interdepartmental project teams and work groups, as assigned
- Prepares and analyzes HR metrics and provides reports that support decision-making in specified areas
- Complete other duties to support the Human Resources department and NHRC, as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent combination of education + relevant work experience; SHR or PHR preferred
- At least three years of HR experience, including benefits administration experience
- Knowledge of federal and multi-state state employment laws and benefits regulations
- Experience with multi-state payroll and benefits administration
- Strong computer skills and advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Suite; passionate about using technology to improve efficiency
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Highly proactive style of work and demonstrated ability to function exceptionally and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment; ability to multitask while prioritizing important issues
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Sound professional ethics and sensitivity to the confidential nature of HR information
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to a growing, changing organizational environment; must be a team player and a self-starter
- Cultural competence/humility and the ability to thrive in a diverse work environment
Position requires light travel, less than 7 days per year
NHRC offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience in a similar position with the potential for an annual performance-based bonus. The salary range for this position is $62,000-$70,000. New hires are typically brought into the organization at a salary between the range minimum and the salary range midpoint depending on qualifications, internal equity, and the budgeted amount for the role.
Application Deadline: Rolling basis