This issue of Harm Reduction Communication features hot topics from the 2010 National Harm Reduction Conference in Austin, TX. There are articles on drug injections in the real world, sex work in an economic recession, overdose prevention, harm reduction challenges, harm reduction for prescription drugs, secondary syringe access, recovery and harm reduction, drug user organizing, health reform, naloxone, drug-related stigma, and more!
Authors in this issue include: Greg Scott, JD Rosario, Alice Bell, Michael Everett, Nabarun Dasgupta, Rachel Anderson, Kevin Irwin, Isaac Jackson, Rachel McLean, Denise Cullen, Louie Jones and Erik Haberlen.
Harm Reduction Communication aims to:
- Provide a forum for the exchange of practical, “hands on” harm reduction techniques and information
- Promote open discussion and reflection on theoretical and political issues of importance to harm reduction and the movement
- Inform the community through resource listings and announcements of relevant events
- Document the struggles, experiences and lessons of our movement as a tool for strategy-building
- Ensure that our history is not erased.