Harm Reduction Coalition proudly announces its first interactive, web-based CEU-earning training. In this fee-based online training, Micah Frazier presents an introduction to the concept of harm reduction, outlines its history and explores how it fits into a broader framework of working with substance users. This course provides a foundation for understanding key issues regarding harm reduction policy and practice.
Upon completion of this online training, participants will be able to:
- Define what harm reduction is and is not;
- Deepen understanding of harm and importance of social context as factor;
- Introduce ‘Drug, Set, Setting’ model as tool for assessment and goal-setting;
- Introduce the Harm Reduction Coalition’s guiding principles;
- Give concrete examples of harm reduction in practice.
This training is designed for people working in any discipline interested in learning about the basic concepts of harm reduction, or enhancing their current knowledge on the subject. It may be especially useful for people working in a social service capacity with drug users.
There are no prerequisites for the course.
Training Length and Credit Hours
This course consists of 2.5 hours of video in three modules with a short multiple choice quiz following each module. Students who answer 70% of quiz questions correctly will receive a certificate for 3 hours of Continuing Education Units offered through State of California agencies for MFTs, LCSWs, Certified Addiction Treatment Specialists, and RNs.
We are offering this course for a special price of $40. All major credit cards are accepted and a receipt will be issued via email.
- Click “Take this Course” below.
- Enter a username (your email address) and password – if this is your first time registering for an online course.
- Follow the instructions and proceed through the course. Work at your own pace. You can return to the course anytime within your 30 days of online access to complete the modules.