July 22-27, 2012 – Washington, DC, USA
The Global Village
The Harm Reduction & Drug Policy Networking Zone: Taking Drug Users Seriously is rooted in the belief that the participation of those who use drugs is integral to ending HIV.
All activities in the zone are FREE and open to the public! Come visit us and get your free T-shirt in area 803 of the Global Village (Hall B).
July 23, 2012, 18:15-19:30
Harm Reduction Coalition, the International Centre for Science in Drug Policy and International Doctors for Healthy Drug Policies are thrilled to invite you to The Neglected Epidemic: Can We Get to Zero Without Drug Policy Reform? a reception with the celebrated Stephen Lewis!
There will be special guests, hors d’oeuvres, drinks, networking and more! Please RSVP at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Globally, one in ten new HIV infections is attributable to unsafe injection of illicit drugs. Therefore, This pre-conference will focus on three interconnected themes:
- advances in policing practice and legal reforms that increase access to HIV care and treatment for addiction for people who use drugs;
- innovations in integrated healthcare services;
- the challenges of bringing interventions to scale.
Your guide to all of the harm reduction and drug policy sessions at AIDS 2012! Download the Harm Reduction & Drug Policy Delegate Guide here!
If you’ve registered for the conference, you don’t want to miss the following sessions:
- Drug Policy vs. HIV: Mutually Exclusive? On Monday, July 23 from 7:00-8:30 in Session Room 8
- Drug User Owned and Operated on Tuesday, July 24 from 11:00- 12:30 in Global Village Session Room 1
- Working with Active Drug Users: The Basics for Community Providers on Tuesday, July 24 from 14:30 to 18:00 in Mini Room 3
- Plenary Session “Dynamics of the Epidemic in Context” on Thursday, July 27 from 8:40-10:30 in Session Room 1
We want you in the Harm Reduction & Drug Policy Zone! If you are interested in committing your time and energy to volunteering with us, please contact Anistla Rugama at email@example.com You’ll be meeting conference delegates from around the world, supporting the activities of the zone, get a free t-shirt and snacks!