The deadline for submitting abstracts is March 1, 2018.
The National Harm Reduction Conference honors a participatory planning process. At each conference, the program is abstract-driven and addresses the most important issues and most innovative solutions in harm reduction at the time. Proposals are submitted by conference attendees, who together represent the varied aspects of harm reduction work in the US and abroad. Harm Reduction Coalition is currently seeking abstracts for the 2018 national conference in New Orleans, Louisiana.
We encourage submissions that represent all aspects of harm reduction work from grassroots organizing and programming to policy and research.
We will host 3 Webinars on How to Complete an Abstract on the following dates:
- Thursday, January 18, 2018
- Wednesday, February 21, 2018
- 11pm -12pm (EST)
- Facebook Live (Follow us on Facebook)
Abstracts should address the following:
- Political vision for harm reduction
- Exemplary harm reduction service models
- Intersection of race, class, gender, age, sexual identity
- Health and human rights of people who use drugs
- Latest research and
- a variety of skills building that advance the harm reduction agenda.
Available Presentation Formats
- Poster: Project storyboards on display for one day (NO audiovisual equipment available.) Meet and greet times are scheduled.
- Panel: Three to five people present as a group. Panelists share time evenly. Submit individually or as a group (Some audiovisual equipment available).
- Roundtable: Informal, facilitator-led group discussion (NO audiovisual equipment available. These are discussion based sessions, no presentation, only facilitated conversations.)
- Workshop: Interactive session designed to provide a skills-building experience (Some audiovisual equipment available.)
Guidelines for Abstract Submissions
Please read the following guidelines before completing your submission:
- Use the same email address for both Registration and Abstract Submission, however do not register until you have been notified of your abstract submission.
- You will be able to edit your abstract submission up until March 1, 2018.
- If selected, what you write here will be published in our Abstract booklet. HRC does not edit your submission.
- Please use standard capitalization.
- You should receive a confirmation email if your abstract is processed successfully. Be sure to check your spam folder.
- Acceptance and rejection notifications will be issued no later than July.
- You cannot submit multiple abstracts at one time. Click Abstract Submission to begin a new abstract.
Registration and Payment for Speakers and Presenters
- The speaker rate is $350
- If you are submitting an abstract, please wait to register (and pay) until you are informed about the status of your submission. You are not required to register before submitting an Abstract.
- If your submission is accepted you will be given a discount code to use at the time of registration.
- The email you use to register must be the same email you use to submit an abstract.
For questions regarding abstracts please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.